. Mary Trump Rips MSNBC Over Ousted Host: ‘Elevating The Wrong People’ - News Times

Mary Trump Rips MSNBC Over Ousted Host: ‘Elevating The Wrong People’

By News Here - 13:07

Ex-presidential niece Mary Trump ripped MSNBC over the ouster of progressive host Mehdi Hasan, saying the network is “elevating the wrong people.”

Hasan announced he was leaving MSNBC in January after the network canceled his show, telling viewers of his final program that he would be moving on rather than staying as a contributor.

The host of The Mary Trump Show podcast and strident Trump critic did a live Q&A session in a video exclusive to her The Good In Us newsletter subscribers this week. A reader named Peter asked a two-part question that included Hasan’s departure:

QUESTION: Peter, what are your thoughts on what happened to Mehdi Hassan? Why has Donald been allowed to get away with so much for so long? He’s a pseudo-celebrity, an idiot.

MARY TRUMP: No offense, dude, no offense. No offense taken. Unless you’re suggesting that I too am an idiot, but. I mean, we’re just related, technically. You know, I don’t really, I, I think I was found under a rock. That’s my theory.

I yeah, I, I think what happened to Mehdi is. I don’t understand what’s happening at MSNBC right now, honestly. They’re elevating the wrong people. They’re firing the wrong people. Mehdi’s, not only was, were his ratings excellent, I think he had the best ratings, on any of any of the weekend shows across, channels.

But he’s one of the best interviewers out there. And, oddly, he was able to get people on your show who you wouldn’t normally think would be on a show like that. Right. So. Yeah. It’s unfortunate.

And he’s missed I hope, I hope. I mean, he’ll land on his feet. I’m not worried about that at all. But, you know, we need voices like his. Whether you agree with him or don’t agree with him or.

I mean, you could say this. If anybody who’s good at their job, that’s okay. He’s he he gets answers from people in power and he speaks truth to power. So we need more of that.

Watch above via Mary Trump’s The Good In Us.

The post Mary Trump Rips MSNBC Over Ousted Host: ‘Elevating The Wrong People’ first appeared on Mediaite.

from Mediaite https://ift.tt/W6t7kYE

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments