. In Defiant Video, Alexei Navalny’s Widow Vows to Continue His Fight For Freedom and To Bring Down Putin - News Times

In Defiant Video, Alexei Navalny’s Widow Vows to Continue His Fight For Freedom and To Bring Down Putin

By News Here - 12:07

The widow of Russian opposition figure Alexei Navalny, who died under mysterious circumstances in an Arctic Circle gulag on Feb. 16, has vowed to continue his fight against Vladimir Putin’s autocracy.

Yulia Navalnaya posted a defiant video Monday to her husband’s YouTube channel that has since received more than 3 million views.

In the nearly nine-minute video, she urges Russians to fight on in her husband’s name:

Today, I would like to addresss you on this channel. I should not be here. I should not be recording this video. Another person should be here, where I am now. But Vladimir Putin killed this man. Three days ago, Vladimir Putin killed my husband. Putin killed my children’s father. Putin took away the dearest thing I’ve ever had; the closest and most-loved man…

I will continue Alexei Navalny’s work. I will continue to fight for our country. I urge you to stand next to me. To share not only my grief and endless pain which has enveloped us and does not let us go. I ask you to share the rage with me; rage, anger, hatred toward those who dared to kill our future. I address you with Alexei’s own words, in which he believed very much: “It is not shameful to do little; it is shameful to do nothing.

Navalnaya’s message was punctuated with recordings of Navalny himself calling for a new future for Russia. She continued:

Russia, the peaceful, happy beautiful Russia of the future, of which ny husband was dreaming about. That is what we need. I want to live in such a Russia, and I want our children to live in such a Russia. I want to build it together with you. Exactly as Alexei Navalny envisioned it. Full of dignity, justice, and love. There is no other way. The unthinkable sacrifice he had made must not be in vain. Keep fighting and do not give up. I am not afraid, and I urge you to not be afraid of anything, as well.

The video ends with an earnest Alexei Navalny declaring, “All it takes for evil to triumph is the inaction of good people. So there is no need for inaction.”

The final frame reads in Russian: “Russia without Putin.”

Navalny’s widow has accused the Kremlin of hiding his body to cover up his murder, and is demanding it be returned to his family.

Watch the clip above via YouTube.

The post In Defiant Video, Alexei Navalny’s Widow Vows to Continue His Fight For Freedom and To Bring Down Putin first appeared on Mediaite.

from Mediaite https://ift.tt/pxhwfBt

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments