. ‘It Pains Me To Come Out Against Him’: RFK Jr.’s Sister Tells MSNBC Why She Can’t Support Her Brother in 2024 - News Times

‘It Pains Me To Come Out Against Him’: RFK Jr.’s Sister Tells MSNBC Why She Can’t Support Her Brother in 2024

By News Here - 12:07

Rory Kennedy says she will not vote for her brother, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., for president because she’s afraid he will take too many votes away from President Joe Biden.

Rory Kennedy appeared on MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell Reports Monday to promote her new film for HBO Max, and to explain why she plans to vote for Biden over her own brother.

RFK Jr. is running as an independent candidate for president in 2024, and political pundits have been debating whether his campaign will be a spoiler for Biden or for former President Donald Trump. RFK Jr. has called the traditional two-party system “rigged” for all Americans. His platform includes “targeting institutions such as pharmaceutical and tech companies.”

When asked why she’s not backing her brother, Rory Kennedy said, “I’m a huge fan of President Biden’s. I think he’s done fantastic job and doesn’t quite get the credit he deserves over the last four years in terms of policies that he’s enacted and changes that he’s made that I think have been enormously impactful and positive.” She continued:

You know, the truth is, that I love my brother, and it pains me to come out against him, but I am very concerned with the stakes in this election, and I’m very concerned from the polls I’m seeing that he takes many more votes from Biden than he does from Trump. And I think this election is going to come down to a handful of votes in a handful of states, and I’m concerned that his campaign and running for office as an independent is going to lead to Trump’s election.

And, I feel that that will be catastrophic, honestly, for not just our country, but for the world. So, I feel that the stakes couldn’t be higher, frankly. So, you know, I would love more than anything to sit out on the sidelines on this one and not be in this position, but I don’t feel like I can do that.

Andrea Mitchell responded, “Understandable. Family and — it’s complicated. Let’s just face it.”

Watch the clip above via MSNBC.

The post ‘It Pains Me To Come Out Against Him’: RFK Jr.’s Sister Tells MSNBC Why She Can’t Support Her Brother in 2024 first appeared on Mediaite.

from Mediaite https://ift.tt/4tdFc1q

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments