. Mary Trump Laughs Out Loud At Stunning Trump Courtroom Storm-Out: ‘The Toddler Had Been Given A Time Out!’ - News Times

Mary Trump Laughs Out Loud At Stunning Trump Courtroom Storm-Out: ‘The Toddler Had Been Given A Time Out!’

By News Here - 14:09

Ex-presidential niece Mary Trump and SiriusXM host Dean Obeidallah gleefully roasted former President Donald Trump over his stunning storm-out in court this week.

Trump’s last appearance at the fraud trial this week culminated with Trump stunning his Secret Service detail by abruptly storming out of court after repeated legal smackdowns by Judge Arthur Engoron that included a $10,000.oo fine for violating his gag order again.

On Friday’s edition of The Dean Obeidallah Show, Mary laughed out loud about the incident and compared her uncle to a “toddler” taking a “time out”:

DEAN OBEIDALLAH: And what I love is that he made Donald instantly testify. His lawyers couldn’t stop it! He goes you come up here, testify under oath, and he goes “I’m the trier of fact and I don’t believe you,” which is layman’s speak for you’re a liar! And he fired him $10,000. Have you ever seen your uncle The Donald ever, this instantaneous accountability?

MARY TRUMP: No. As I said somewhere, it was as if for the first time in 77 years, the toddler had been given a time out! And as you know, he didn’t react particularly well to it.

DEAN OBEIDALLAH: No, the word stormed out. They say. I’m not sure why he stormed out because of Michael Cohen or he stormed out because of this kind of thing–

MARY TRUMP: It was because of that. I think the quote is he stormed out in a huff! (laughs)

DEAN OBEIDALLAH: And I’m sure he yelled at his lawyers, Well, why didn’t you protect me? They couldn’t do anything. The judge says, come up here. So, I mean, do you think he goes back to that court much? I don’t know if he’s there today. Do you think he’s going to keep going back and risking this? I mean, he’s got to, on a personal human dynamic level, I imagine it’s got to be very painful to him. He’s actually been held accountable.

MARY TRUMP: Yeah. You know, again, the, one reason he reacted so badly is because there have been very few, if any, circumstances in his entire life in which he didn’t have control of the room. So to have to sit there and take it must have been extremely painful. I’m guessing he regretted having shown up. I don’t know that he’s there today either. But what people need to understand is he doesn’t have to be. He showed, he showed up voluntarily. And remember, this is the only case he’s shown up for. He didn’t bother going to the E. Jean Carroll civil trial, I think, ever. So he’s putting himself in this position.

I believe he was there at the beginning to control the spin. And over the last few days, he was there simply to stare down Michael Cohen, not recognizing–. Maybe he’s starting to I don’t know, but not recognizing that he can’t intimidate people like Michael Cohen anymore. Although as our friend and fellow Nerd Avenger Jen Taub pointed out, he’s using Cohen as a proxy to intimidate other people. So that’s part of it.

Watch above via SiriusXM’s The Dean Obeidallah Show.

The post Mary Trump Laughs Out Loud At Stunning Trump Courtroom Storm-Out: ‘The Toddler Had Been Given A Time Out!’ first appeared on Mediaite.

from Mediaite https://ift.tt/fQF6Ihe

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments