. Trump on Kavanaugh Amid FBI Probe: ‘I Don’t Need a Backup Plan’ - News Times

Trump on Kavanaugh Amid FBI Probe: ‘I Don’t Need a Backup Plan’

By News Here - 00:10

Shortly before leaving the White House to travel to Wheeling, West Virginia for another MAGA rally, President Donald Trump told reporters that he doesn’t see the need to have a backup plan when it comes to Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who he expects is a “high-quality person.”

“The FBI as you know is all over, talking to everybody. And I would expect he is a very high-quality person. I would expect it is going to turn out very well for the judge,” Trump told reporters on the White House lawn. “There’s never been anybody that’s been looked at like Judge Kavanaugh. I think that it is going to work out very well.”

In a rare bit of praise for the FBI, he also said the agency was going a great job and stressed they have free rein.

“The FBI I believe is doing a really great job,” he said. “They have been all over already. They have free rein, they’re gonna do whatever they have to do, whatever it is they do, they’ll be doing things we never even thought of and, hopefully, at the conclusion everything will be fine.”

Then after turning to the midterms, Trump said this: “I really believe when the public looks at the situation that’s taken place in the last three or four days and what the Democrats are doing and more importantly how they’re acting so terribly, so dishonestly, keeping papers and documents, not releasing them until after hearings are over, I really think the Republicans are picking up a lot.”

He also made it clear he thinks Kavanaugh will be fine.

“I don’t need a backup plan,” Trump said  “We’ll have to see what happens. I think he’s going to be fine.”

Watch above, via CNN

[image via screengrab]



from Mediaite https://ift.tt/2zFz8yB

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments