. Lindsey Graham: ‘I Don’t Know What Happened,’ but ‘My Mind’s Made Up’ on Kavanaugh - News Times

Lindsey Graham: ‘I Don’t Know What Happened,’ but ‘My Mind’s Made Up’ on Kavanaugh

By News Here - 12:05

As the FBI launches an investigation into sexual assault allegations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said he’s already decided to stand by the SCOTUS nominee despite acknowledging that he himself is not aware of the truth.

In an 60 Minutes interview set to air Sunday night, Graham told CBS’ Scott Pelley that Kavanaugh had presented an emphatic rebuke of accusations from Christine Blasey Ford who claims to have been attacked by the judge when the two were in high school

“My mind’s made up about Brett Kavanaugh and it would take a dynamite accusation [to change it],” Graham told Pelley. “Dr. Ford, I don’t know what happened, but I know this: Brett denied it vigorously and everybody she names couldn’t verify it, it’s 36 years old. I don’t see anything new changing.”

Sen. John Kennedy (R-LA), who was also present for the interview, appeared to take a more open-minded stance toward the federal probe, stating that his support for Kavanaugh could waiver depending on what investigators find.

However, like Graham, he also mentioned Kavanaugh’s denials.

“I called him after this happened, the allegations came out, said, ‘Did you do it?'” Graham recalled. “He was resolute, determined, unequivocal.”

Watch the clip above via 60 Minutes.

[Image via screengrab]



from Mediaite https://ift.tt/2DJmiTJ

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments