. WATCH: George Santos Claims He Confirmed His Family Fled Holocaust, Instantly Backtracks When CNN’s Manu Raju Asks for Proof - News Times

WATCH: George Santos Claims He Confirmed His Family Fled Holocaust, Instantly Backtracks When CNN’s Manu Raju Asks for Proof

By News Here - 11:07

CNN’s Manu Raju put George Santos (R-NY) on the hot seat over the congressman’s claim that the war in Ukraine is why he hasn’t been able to prove his dubious claims about his heritage.

CNN released Raju’s pre-taped interview on Sunday — which focused on Santos’ numerous lies about his life’s story, plus the legal scrutiny he faces from charges of conspiracy, identity theft, and various fraud counts. At one point of the interview, Raju confronted Santos over his absurd claims about being “Jew-ish” and that he is a descendant of Holocaust survivors (despite the evidence to the contrary).

On Friday, Santos claimed to Raju that his claims about his grandparents surviving the Holocaust were indeed “true,” and that “I spent the last ten months” hiring genealogists to prove it.

But when Raju asked the congressman for documentation to back up his claim, Santos immediately backpedaled — telling Raju he was “putting it together, but unfortunately, Ukraine is in the middle of a freakin’ war, and my grandfather comes from Ukraine.”

Santos went on to insist he was joking with his “Jew-ish” comments, and “I’m going to prove before I die” that his family fled the Holocaust. He also insisted he was down to assembling “the last pieces” of evidence to prove his parents fled to Brazil.

Once I have everything ready, I will allow the same company I hired to submit the report to the press, with glee, because that is going to be the one thing that I will be able to say I never intended to hurt anybody. I never wanted anybody to feel like I misrepresented myself or my family’s heritage. I will not stop working until I have every single part of that put together.

Watch above via CNN.

The post WATCH: George Santos Claims He Confirmed His Family Fled Holocaust, Instantly Backtracks When CNN’s Manu Raju Asks for Proof first appeared on Mediaite.

from Mediaite https://ift.tt/msP3tTa

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments