. ‘I Speak for the Normies’: Bill Maher Calls Himself a Spokesman for the ‘Vast Middle’ in CBS Interview - News Times

‘I Speak for the Normies’: Bill Maher Calls Himself a Spokesman for the ‘Vast Middle’ in CBS Interview

By News Here - 12:07

After increasingly attacking both sides in recent years on his show Real Time, HBO’s Bill Maher is now positioning himself as a spokesperson for the “vast middle.”

Speaking with Robert Costa on CBS’ Sunday Morning, Maher discussed how the process of compiling his old editorials for his upcoming book helped him figure out that it’s the country which has changed, not him.

“I speak for the normies,” Maher said. “I speak for that vast middle that is tired of the partisanship. I don’t want to hate half the country, and I don’t hate half the country.”

Later, Costa pressed Maher on why he chooses to go after the Left and Right — even though he sees the latter as “more alarming.”

COSTA: You write a lot of throughout this book that the left irritates you, frustrates you at times, but the right often alarms you.

MAHER: Yes. They’re very alarming. They’re extremely alarming. More alarming.

COSTA: What do you say to your critics, though, who say that you should just focus on them, Bill, if they’re more alarming to you than the left. And why not shine the spotlight on them only?

MAHER: The truth isn’t one sided like that. The Democrats constantly are,running against Trump with the idea ‘You people out there couldn’t possibly vote for this guy.’ And people are saying, ‘Watch me. Hold my beer. Watch me vote for him again.’

Watch above, via CBS.

The post ‘I Speak for the Normies’: Bill Maher Calls Himself a Spokesman for the ‘Vast Middle’ in CBS Interview first appeared on Mediaite.

from Mediaite https://ift.tt/2bIsK6Y

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments