. Fox’s Bret Baier Cites Biden Mocking Trump As Property Seizures Loom — Asks ‘How Does That Play?’ - News Times

Fox’s Bret Baier Cites Biden Mocking Trump As Property Seizures Loom — Asks ‘How Does That Play?’

By News Here - 12:07

Fox News anchor Bret Baier read President Joe Biden’s mockery of former President Donald Trump aloud and wondered how joking about Trump’s financial trouble will play with voters.

At a private campaign reception this week, Biden went hard at Trump before an audience in Dallas, and drew laughs with a vivid portrayal of Trump:

But, look, I know not everyone is feeling the enthusiasm. Just the other day a defeated-looking man came up to me and said, “Mr. President, I have crushing debt, and I’m completely wiped out.” And I had to look at him and say, “Donald, I’m sorry. I can’t help you.” (Laughter.) I thought about it, but I just couldn’t do it.

Baier recited the president’s comedy routine live on Thursday night’s edition of Fox News Channel’s Special Report, and asked his panel how Biden’s jokes and the seizure of Trump’s “iconic” properties “will play”:

BRET BAIER: $4 million bond in New York. Newsweek Joe Biden, the president joking about Donald Trump’s debt problems, saying. Speaking at a campaign fundraiser in Dallas, Texas, Biden joked that a man had come up to him to discuss his heavy debts. He said just the other day, “this defeated looking man came up to me and said, Mr. President, I need your help. I’m in crushing debt. I’m completely wiped out.”.

Biden said he then responded, “Donald, I’m sorry, I can’t help you.”.

I wonder how that plays. Here is former President Trump’s attorney, Alina Habba, about forcing him to sell these properties to make this bond.

ALINA HABBA: Forcing him to sell prized properties such as Trump Tower. Iconic properties like 40 Wall Street to pursue his appeal is manifest in justice, and it deprives him of that due process that we are all entitled to. So imagine you can’t reverse selling off Trump Tower on a fire sale at a discounted price. We can’t fix that if we win on appeal. So it’s complete injustice.

BRET BAIER: And as you look at these properties that trump New York properties, they are iconic. Guy. The thought that the attorney general is going to move on these properties to take them in response to not making this bond in order to post for an appeal. How does that play?

GUY BENSON: I think it would raise even more eyebrows. A lot of people, even who aren’t big Trump fans, view that judgment as punitive. They’ve watched Letitia James taunting on social media about the debt that’s been incurred and the interest that’s racking up, and then if she moves in, basically trying to claim the deed to one of these giant buildings, I think it would play very well within the resistance crowd among other Americans.

I’m not as sure.

And as for the joke from President Biden. I mean, his whole standard that he set for himself was to float above the law fair, or at least plausibly do so for his own reelection purposes.

And of course, he’s the president, right? But for him to make that joke again will get applause and laughs in certain quarters, whether it’s viewed as spiking the football and really reveling in something that appears political to many Americans.

That’s a different question, and potentially risky, actually, for Biden in some ways.

Watch above via Fox News Channel’s Special Report.

The post Fox’s Bret Baier Cites Biden Mocking Trump As Property Seizures Loom — Asks ‘How Does That Play?’ first appeared on Mediaite.

from Mediaite https://ift.tt/JDEgzr1

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments