. Meghan McCain Lashes Out at Ex-View Colleagues Over ‘Slanderous’ Accusations: ‘I Will Be Consulting My Lawyers’ - News Times

Meghan McCain Lashes Out at Ex-View Colleagues Over ‘Slanderous’ Accusations: ‘I Will Be Consulting My Lawyers’

By News Here - 11:07

Meghan McCain says she “will be consulting” her lawyers about being “libeled” on ABC’s The View Thursday morning.

During a discussion of Hunter Biden’s alleged influence peddling, co-host Ana Navarro insinuated that the daughter of the late Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) engaged in the same behavior.

On Thursday’s show, Navarro said, “Look, did Hunter Biden influence-peddle on his last name? Yes, he did. So did half of Washington. People sitting at this table did it!”

This caused a shocked reaction from her co-hosts. Alyssa Farah Griffin then asked, “Who at this table peddled on their last name?”

Navarro responded, “I’m not talking about currently.”

McCain tweeted:

“I don’t understand why my former colleagues @TheView @ABC bring me up and slander me on an almost weekly basis. It has been years – move on, I have. I have never been accused of a crime in my life and am a patriotic American – I would never and have never ‘influenced peddled’ in my life, let alone with foreign adversaries. Not all politicians children are the same – and I am no Hunter Biden. All accusations are absurd, defamatory and slanderous. I will be consulting my lawyers regarding what was libeled against me on The View this morning.”

McCain served as a co-host on The View for four seasons.

Watch The View clip here via ABC.

The post Meghan McCain Lashes Out at Ex-View Colleagues Over ‘Slanderous’ Accusations: ‘I Will Be Consulting My Lawyers’ first appeared on Mediaite.

from Mediaite https://ift.tt/D3En1FL

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments