. Piers Morgan Asks Jay Leno If He Worries ‘What Happens To This Country’ If Trump Beats Biden - News Times

Piers Morgan Asks Jay Leno If He Worries ‘What Happens To This Country’ If Trump Beats Biden

By News Here - 12:07

TV host Piers Morgan asked legendary comedian Jay Leno if he’s worried about “what happens to this country” if President Joe Biden loses to ex-President Donald Trump in 2024.

Morgan interviewed Leno for over an hour this week on an episode of Piers Morgan Uncensored, during which the topic of politics came up. In one portion of their chat, Leno said he was “not a fan” of Trump.

Burt when Morgan tried to cajole him with the suggestion that Biden should step down over his age, Leno revealed he is a fan of the president — and dinged Trump for his recent remark about the economy crashing before the end of Biden’s term.

In another exchange, Leno asked about the potential for “division” if Trump wins:

JAY LENO: That’s when I knew we were in trouble. And when I would talk, I meet people on the street. “I’d rather have Putin than Biden!”.

Really? Really. You know. I mean, Army and Navy used to fight, but they would team up against the Russians or whoever it might be. You know, they didn’t continue. They would take the, the, the Russian over the Army guy, over the Navy guy. That’s the part I find rather troubling.

PIERS MORGAN: Do you worry about what may happen in this country in terms of the division, if Trump was to get reelected?

JAY LENO: Well, you get the government you deserve. I mean, that’s pretty much the way the world works, or at least ways America works, if that’s what people choose. Well, that’s that’s what’s going to happen, is it? So I don’t know, I would prefer it– I mean, it seems pretty calm now and the economy seems to be in pretty good shape. I sort of like the things Biden’s been doing. I think he’s done a really good job with the economy.

But you have people now who just, if someone says the economy is terrible, “it is?” Okay. You know. I mean, gas prices have nothing to do with the president. You know, all those type of things. So I don’t know. I don’t know. I try not to. I’m not an expert in this area. This is the one thing I love about America. Now, we’re the only place in the world. If you go to Europe. We wanted to talk about the economy. So I went to the University of Economics at Pomona. We go to a truck stop in Lima, Ohio. You know, here in America, you go to the truck stop. You talk to the guy and hear what he has. Oh, I would rather have an expert, you know.

Watch above and watch the full episode here via Piers Morgan Uncensored.

The post Piers Morgan Asks Jay Leno If He Worries ‘What Happens To This Country’ If Trump Beats Biden first appeared on Mediaite.

from Mediaite https://ift.tt/g5anPG6

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments