. Law Professor Jennifer Taub Talks ‘Really Creepy’ Email She Got as Part of Alleged Scheme to Smear Mueller - News Times

Law Professor Jennifer Taub Talks ‘Really Creepy’ Email She Got as Part of Alleged Scheme to Smear Mueller

By News Here - 00:02

Vermont Law School associate professor Jennifer Taub spoke with MSNBC’s Ari Melber tonight about the email she recently received from “Surefire Intelligence” regarding Robert Mueller.

Surefire Intelligence, you’ve probably heard by now, is at the center of a serious brewing scandal involving a scheme to gin up accusations of sexual harassment against the special counsel. There has also been reporting finding a connection between

The email read, in part: “I believe a basic telephone call, for which I would compensate you at whatever rate you see fit (inside reason), would be a good place to start. My organization is conducting an examination of Robert Mueller’s past. Tell me a decent method to contact you by telephone (or Signal, which would be ideal) and a beginning rate to talk with you about all encounters you’ve had with Special Counsel Mueller. We would likewise pay you for any references that you may have. Lastly, I would appreciate your discretion here, as this is a very sensitive matter.”

Taub told Melber, “I found it really creepy, to be honest with you. And immediately upon reading it, I went on the internet to try to find a phone number or some other method to contact the special counsel’s office. And all I could find was an e-mail, so I immediately forwarded the e-mail.”

She stated for the record that she’s never even met Mueller, which makes this whole thing more bizarre.

“I have no idea why they came to me,” Taub said. “I mean, one thing I’m thinking is I had published an op-ed a few weeks earlier about the Kavanaugh hearings. Maybe that’s how my name got to these people. But certainly, I’m the last person you’d want to send something to.”

Melber asked, “Did you view this inquiry as an effort to discredit him or find false material to attack [Mueller]?”

Taub said, “I thought it was either that or some kind of set-up of me.”

You can watch above, via MSNBC.

[image via screengrab]



from Mediaite https://ift.tt/2JsW4Eo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments