. Bill Maher Delivers Blunt Message to His Conservative Fans Still Loyal to Trump: ‘You’re Just Not That Bright’ - News Times

Bill Maher Delivers Blunt Message to His Conservative Fans Still Loyal to Trump: ‘You’re Just Not That Bright’

By News Here - 13:07

Bill Maher hosting Real Time

Screenshot via HBO

Bill Maher was an equal opportunity offender on Friday’s Real Time where he slammed Democrats plenty, but also delivered a blunt message to his right-wing admirers still loyal to MAGA.

During a discussion about the midterm elections, Maher argued Democrats “have this one in the bag” as the elections will be referendums on President Donald Trump and his job performance. Maher then admitted he has “some standing” with conservatives and offered them a message.

“I think I have some standing with the conservatives. They always say to me when they come up to me, they say, I know you’re not on our team, but you know what? You respect us. You won’t dismiss us like that. There’s none of that you can’t come to Thanksgiving. That bullsh*t,” Maher said.

The Real Time host regularly goes after Democrats as well as Republicans on his show. During Friday’s episode, he unfavorably contrasted Democrats who accuse Israel of a “genocide” in Gaza to 9/11 terrorists.

Maher still did not mince words when he spoke directly to the camera to deliver a message to MAGA fans.

“I just got to say to you people, I know, you don’t like it when I call you names and, you know, you are not that bright, but when it comes to Trump, you’re not that bright. You’re just not that kind of person. It is a cult. And you’ve got to get a little smarter. I mean, how many times can the con man run the same con and you still applaud for it? I don’t get it,” he said.

Maher had been joking that Trump’s promise of $5,000 checks to Americans if Republicans win the midterms is a fantasy, just like other past promised payments from DOGE cuts and tariffs.

Maher also went after Democrats hard, doubling down on his controversial 2001 remark that the 9/11 terrorists who took down the Twin Towers could not be described as cowards.

“I know a guy whose show got canceled just for saying the terrorists weren’t cowards. And that guy was right. They weren’t cowards, but I’ll tell you who is: Democratic party politicians. And I’ll tell you why, because nowhere has this moral confusion become more obvious than in a place called Gaza,” he said.

The post Bill Maher Delivers Blunt Message to His Conservative Fans Still Loyal to Trump: ‘You’re Just Not That Bright’ first appeared on Mediaite.



from Mediaite https://ift.tt/sLdhfar

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments