. Kasich Chides Trump for Retweeting Photo of Enemies Behind Bars: ‘I Thought We Got Over That When Nixon Left’ - News Times

Kasich Chides Trump for Retweeting Photo of Enemies Behind Bars: ‘I Thought We Got Over That When Nixon Left’

By News Here - 00:04

Reacting to President Donald Trump‘s retweet of a photo depicting his enemies behind bars, Ohio Gov. John Kasich gave the commander in chief a lesson in civility, chiding him for echoing the repression of the Nixon era.

“I think it’s terrible,” Kasich told MSNBC’s Chris Matthews during an interview Thursday. “The country’s divided enough, and people are hungering… I see it all the time. People are hungering for an end to all this — the name-calling, the chaos.”

The tweet, originally posted by The Trump Train, a fan account for the president, shows his adversaries including the Clintons, President Barack Obama, Special Counsel Robert Mueller and others in a  jail cell. It was shared by Trump on Wednesday.

Kasich noted that personally, his behavior is more restrained than the president’s.

“I got things that make me mad, get me upset,” he said. “I don’t start putting out a list of people that are my enemies or something. I mean, I thought we got over that when Nixon left. No more enemies lists. You got to work with people sometimes even when you don’t like them. It’s a matter of fact. It’s life.”

Watch the clip above via MSNBC.



from Mediaite https://ift.tt/2DP6e1n

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments