. Fox News’ Jesse Watters Admits: It ‘Drives Me Crazy’ to See Trump’s Bad Grammar - News Times

Fox News’ Jesse Watters Admits: It ‘Drives Me Crazy’ to See Trump’s Bad Grammar

By News Here - 00:07

Even Jesse Watters, who has been known to laud President Donald Trump more often than not, has a bone to pick with him over his grammar.

When the panel of The Five was discussing a White House letter that a retired teacher sent back with her grammar edits, Geraldo Rivera asked if nitpicking Trump’s grammar “just another example of seizing on something [people] could criticize Trump for.”

“Haters gonna hate,” Kimberly Guilfoyle responded, dismissively. “You see the impetus behind it which was just to try to humiliate and cheapen the presidency.”

But Watters disagreed.

“I’ve defended this president on a lot of a stuff. We all know,” he said. “But I can’t defend him on the grammar, the punctuation, the misspellings. It drives me crazy.”

“My mother is an educator, my father is in education, and I read these tweets, and it’s just gobbledygook,” he continued. “I get it, he has a great brain and he went to the best schools, but I don’t understand why that doesn’t come across on Twitter.”

“He speaks properly, he just can’t write properly,” he added. “Apparently, The New York Times said he does misspellings on purpose so he’s like, one of the folks…I don’t know if I buy that. But it drives me nuts, I think he needs to clean it up, and that would be my advice.”

Watch above, via Fox News.

[image via screengrab]



from Mediaite https://ift.tt/2H7gYpG

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments